.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, June 14, 2009

 

Continued...

As you may remember from our last episode, Secret Attack Squirrel had just returned mysteriously from his mysterious disappearance of over three years past and he was just graciously granting an impromptu interview when the Intruder Alert Alarm sounded and our furry little super-hero shot out of this tree like a rifle bullet. Turns out it was Sas's old nemesis-turned-friend Black Jack Brisko returning from his own self-imposed sojourn into a self-imposed news blackout. He (Black Jack) now has a limp.

I have asked Mr. Brisko if he would like to take the keyboard and tell us in his own words about his long absence. Here we go...take it away, Black Jack Brisko:

Well, after Secret turned in his cape and disbanded his merry band of flying, madcap tree-hoppers, I tried to hold this woody blogfort all by myself but I took a nasty fall on the Saturday before Easter Sunday of ought-six & my left-back heel was badly crushed...ergo my tree-climbing days were over, or so I thought.

I don't know who this character is who I found in Secret Attack Squirrel's Global Headquarters, but he's a cute little duffer and he at first thought I was going to eat him--understandable, since I'm a rather large cat (albeit past my prime and gimpy) and he's rather small, even for a squirrel. Oh, he says this is his blog. Oooo-kay, I'll be brief.

I've broken many bones in my life and beleive me, until you've crushed a heel you know nothing about pain. I was fully disabled for over six months, nearly starved, and during that time I was unable to even look at a tree, let alone climb one. It's taken me this long to even attempt this venerable old dogwood & I wouldn't have chanced it now but for seeing ol' Secret scurrying around up here yesterday, so here I am. I see Secret's not here right now. So what brings him back, anyway?...here, you take the keyboard.

Me again, but I'm signing off to cop a chat with Black Jack.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?