.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Of politics, booze & strange bedfellows:

I thunk-it

Where we left off yesterday: Black Jack Brinco had gotten into the SAS G-HQ flight-hanger and he & Secret Attack Squirrel were circling each other warily...everyone else bailed out el pronto...

Fearing the worst and yet burning up with curiosity, this reporter yesterday crept closer & closer back to Secret Attac Squirrl's Global Head-Quarters, thinking, "It's awful quiet up there, too quiet," thus giving us pause to wonder if Black Jack was just then making a quiet and sensible meal of our dear leader & hero. I had just reached to trunk of the tree when I was startled to hear a macabre and meloncholic tune in the form of Black Jack's felineous voice...only to be further startled to hear Secret Attack Squirrel join in...that's when I was struck in the head by an empty metal flask smelling of whiskey...cheap whiskey...and I was knocked senseless for uncounted minutes.

But upon regaining my senses, the mournful bale was still lilting downward from on high in a slightly-less-than harmonious discombobulation of an old WWII RAF song. With curiosity raging out of control, I mounted the bark and worked my way up to the hanger-bay door with utmost caution & peeking in, was so stunned by the scene that befell my sight that I fell plumb out of the tree and knocked myself senseless all over again...

Here's what I recall seeing: SAS & Black Jack leaning together, obviously propping each other up, shoulder to shoulder & forelegs locked, leaning on G-HQ's plastic piano, weilding mugs of ale and apparently deep in the throes of some kind-a weird counter-species male bonding thing! On a far wall hung the wittow-boy pwezidunce in effigy, spiked through with enough English-feathered darts to quill a porkee-pine! "Where'd they get all those darts?" I recall asking myself during free-fall on the way down to the ground for a hard & heavy landing.

I'm almost back to my usual self now, but I'm not goin up there again alone!

Further reports "As time goes by." (that's what they're singin(sic) now).
?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?